Wednesday, 30 April 2014

I'm turning into my mother.....

I have sat here a few times over the last few of weeks and thought.....Oh my! I'm turning into my mother....

It started with this on Twitter....


The more I thought about it the more I realised I'm doing the things my mother used to do and I'm saying the things my she used to say....

I stack stuff on the stairs so I can take it up all in one go....

I decide to go for the more ‘comfortable’ shoe rather than the super duper high heels. Those ballerina flats are much more appealing these days aren’t they?...

I go upstairs and can't remember why I went up there & I open a cupboard and ask myself out loud "What was I looking for? 

I spend all afternoon cooking a roast and then pick at it when it's on the table because I'm all full of it from the cooking...

I talk about the characters from the soaps as though they are friends mine...
talk about the characters from EastEnders as though they are friends of yours
Read more at http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/family/galleries/35215/you-know-youre-turning-into-your-mother-when#lEJwKHl2RHq10ZOE.99

I always have a tissue in my pocket and I'm quite happy to spit on it and wipe my children's faces with it...

The freezer is full to the brim, week in, week out... 

I go round the house turning off light switches. Even when there are still people in the room. Every penny counts...

If the sun is shining it's all about getting the washing out!...

Anyone who enters the house is offered tea, coffee, juice and food every five minutes...

I hear myself thinking “PULL UP YOUR DAMN PANTS!”


I've found myself saying.....

A little soap & water never killed anybody...

Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age...

How many times do I have to tell you?...

If so and so jumped off a bridge would you jump off a bridge?...

You'll live...

There are starving people in Africa who would gladly eat your tea!...

If the wind changes, your face will stay like that forever...

Money doesn’t grow on trees... 

And my favourite phrase 'Because i said so''

17 comments :

  1. Hmmm now I'be read this I am also worried that the same is happening to me! :-\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - that should read I've :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I feel exactly the same and I think I'm starting to look a lot more like my mum too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha - this made me laugh so much, and totally relate to so much! I don't know where I get it from though, my mum is a lush haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol. I have found I am getting my Mumisms, When I was a child and asked her for something she would say "Who do you think I am Rockafella" now I say it to my children and then cringe at what I just said.
    Another classic which I think hits you in your 30's is the saying "The youth of today..." haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG then I am too. when did this happen - it crept up on me haha. Great post xx #poloco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha this really made me laugh!!!! Hilarious #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is a bit what I am saying a lot lately too. Of course the boy is still too young for that pants (thank God) but i have a feeling that i will say it to soon =P #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG im the exact same!!! im deffo like my mother haha #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though i swore I never would, I catch myself doing things the way my mother would, and even sounding like her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so with you on the pull up your trousers thing, that drives me insane, they just look ridiculous!! Great post :-) #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha ha! Turning off the light while they're still in there, love it. I say the starving in Africa line a lot - it makes them sad but not eat...Great post!#PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mummy wisdom is passed down through the mists of time - love it!:)
    #PoCoLo
    @katgrant30 (Bumps and Grind)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol lol this made me laugh! i can so relate to this!

    thanks for linking up with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete