Sunday 23 February 2014

Ellie's Day Of Fun!!

On Friday night Becky went to a sleepover at her friends house so it was just Stu, Ellie and myself.....

Throughout the day Ellie was rather upset that Becky was going to the sleepover and just couldn't/wouldn't understand why she wasn't going too.....We'd explained that it was Becky's friend and her friends mum would have her hand full with the other people at the sleepover too.....Ellie was rather grumpy about the whole thing.....We decided she needed a treat to cheer her up....

4pm came and Becky was picked up and we started to discuss what we were having for tea.....We asked Ellie what she wanted and of course she said McDonalds....So McDonalds it was....That was of course after a trip to Asda where she got a doll, Fireman Sam DVD and some sweets....Spoilt rotten she is!!

She had a long play in the bath and stayed up late playing with her new doll and eating her sweets....When she finally went to bed she had her own sleepover in Becky's bed.....but Shh! Nobody tell Becky....hehehe 

Saturday Becky came home.....For all of 10 minutes....She was off out again with her friend and her friends mam to a Zoo where she had a great time!! Ellie and I spent the day in the kitchen baking!! 

 
We baked fairy cakes, carrot cake, scones, chocolate cake, cream egg brownies and pizza!! We had a lovely day and for tea we ate far too much of the pizza and cakes.....Totally enjoyed them though!!

I love both my girls to bits and equally but it is lovely spending some one on one time with them.... 

http://theoliversmadhouse.co.uk/magic-moments/

33 comments :

  1. Aaww, sounds like loads of fun! That pizza looks amazing (cheesetastic) yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! She went a bit OTT with the cheese....

      Delete
  2. It's really important yo have that one to one time isn't it, especially as they get older. Sounds lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yes! Need to have some with my eldest too....I start to feel guilty if I treat one without the other....Mummy Guilt! lol

      Delete
  3. I agree that having one on one time is so special and really important. Looks like a really fun day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the best...one on one time & yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One on one time can be so difficult but really worth it - how magical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One on one time is fab! And I'm so impressed with all of that baking - looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once we got started there was no stopping us! :)

      Delete
  7. Loving the secret sleepover in the sister's bed! Promise I won't tell! #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so pleased she has a wonderful time, its so had isnt it when one goes and th other dont understand it x

    thanks for linking up with #Magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard....She was fine once Becky was gone though....Out of sight out of mind...lol

      Delete
  9. It is so nice to get one alone isn't it and gis a cake - yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos and I completely agree with what you said at the end; those rare times when you are left with one it is lovely to make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One on one time is so rewarding - I wish I could split myself in two sometimes.
    Lovely idea about the sleepover - I must try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling...Sometimes I wish I could split myself in two :)

      Delete
  12. Lovely post. So nice to spend time with one on their own sometimes, but so difficult to achieve! Glad you both had such an enjoyable time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely to get to spend extra special time with just one of your daughters. I'm sure she's looking forward to the next time Becky goes to a sleepover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie wants her to go at least once a week now....lol

      Delete
  14. It is so nice x your so right I love it when I get that one on one time with the boys, very rare but its so nice x Looks like you had the most wonderful time x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is lovely getting some one-to-one time with the children, I love it too! Looks like you have had so much fun! Mel #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww lovely post, yummy those cakes look great :)

    ReplyDelete