Saturday 11 January 2014

The Voice returns!!

I know people slate the show The Voice on BBC1 but I love it and it returns tonight! 

Along with Tom Jones & Will.I.am there are two new coaches Kylie Minogue and Ricky Wilson the lead singer out of the Kaiser Chiefs as well as two new new hosts Emma Willis and Marvin Humes him out of JLS...


Here are some facts about the first episode....

Sir Tom Jones has now spent over two full series with will.i.am and genuinely says the words: "I'm dope. I'm fresh. I'm ready for it."

Kylie is so little that she has a step for her spinny chair. Aww!! Cute.
 
The coaches kick things off with a quasi-mash-up of 'I Predict a Riot'/'Can't Get You Out of My Head'. And if you're missing Danny, don't worry - Ricky starts it off by standing on his chair.

The contestants on the first episodes include someone who has previously supported Bob Dylan and Robert Plant, Leo Ihenacho from The Streets, and someone who impersonates Nessa from Gavin and Stacey (very, very well).

The first coach to have one of their songs covered by a contestant is Kylie Minogue. But it's not a carbon copy by any stretch.

One contestant performs a harp-based rendition of 'Get Lucky'.

Ricky is so excited when he nabs one contestant that he does an actual cartwheel.
One contestant in the first episode is told that they will be in the final.

There are lots of last-second turns.

If you're worried that there's too much change, you can rely on Tom, who's pulling out the old classics like: "Your falsetto was as strong as your full voice."
 
Kylie has some magnificent chair dancing going on.
 
Tom might have a bit of the leaky eyes going on at one point.
 
Kylie has to hide behind her chair at one point to "compose" herself.

The Voice UK returns for its third series tonight at 7pm on BBC One.

6 comments :

  1. Oooh I'm never usually a fan of these sorts of things but the Voice is definitely the best of them and the judges - wow! They have to make it worth watching, total superstars! Tom Jones & Kylie are both on my list of people who I really, really want to see live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used to watch but sometimes I feel these types of programmes are fixed! Do like them still though x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this show... definitely looking forward to it this year - I am a big fan of Kylie, have been since the Neighbour years... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Kylie - will have to try and catch this at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too Kim, can't wait x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bloody love this show. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete