Wednesday 8 January 2014

Childhood Memories Tag!

I saw this childhood memories tag over on Kimberleys Beauty Blog ages and ages ago and it's sat in my draft posts for a while....Now seemed as good as time as any to post it....

1. Where did you grow up?

I grew up in the North East of England....I lived in Stockton on tees until I was about 9 then Darlington until I was about 13 then back to Stockton for my teenage years...

2. Were you a good child?

I think I was.....lol I had my moments of being naughty but no worse then any other child....

3. What did you use to do in summer?

As I lived on a farm for most of my childhood my days involved being outside....Horse riding, camping out in a shack my brother and I made, making a fire to cook our own breakfast, paddling and swimming in the river, climbing trees, racing our motorbikes and go carts while avoiding the cows, making a lot of dens and tarzees out of ropes and strong sticks and helping my dad out with the animals...

4. What is your saddest childhood memory?

I was about 4 or 5 when our cat died...He was called Dylon....He was so old and grumpy but I loved that cat...I remember crying nearly all day at school about it...

5. What is your happiest childhood memory?

It's hard to pick just one....
My grandad making my breakfast every morning....Dippy egg and a cup of milky coffee....lol
The Christmas I got a huge trampoline....It was nearly the size of the living room....I wouldn't get off! I even at my Christmas dinner on there....
Going to a gymkhana with my little pony and my dad and winning a rosette for coming first place in the bending race...

  6. Is there something you kept as a secret?

Not that I can think of....

7. What did you want to become as a child (jobwise)?

I always wanted to be a vet....I think with living on the farm and seeing a lot of vets I thought it was such a cool job!!

8. Do you still have contact with your childhood friends?

Yes....I do! The wonders of Facebook....lol 

9. Were there any strange things you believed when you were a child?

The normal things like the tooth fairy and Santa.....My dad did tell me that the cooling towers at the ICI chemical company made clouds I believed that for a long time....lol Oh and Someone at school said not to eat when sitting having a poo on the toilet because your insides would fall out....I didn't take the chance...lol

10. Show us a picture of you being a child.



 
Favourite...

- toy: I loved my Barbie dolls.....Had loads of them....Bags full of clothes, the car, house and all the accessories

- Book: It would have to be 'Matilda' by Roald Dahl

- TV show: I loved Fun house, Knightmare and Byker Grove..

- Subject in school: I loved cookery....

- Place for holidays: Blackpool....Lots of happy memories!

Thanks for reading.....Was lovely writing this....It brought back a lot of happy memories...
 
I TAG EVERYONE to do this post :)

#AllAboutYou Link & Pin Party Mama and More

17 comments :

  1. Just copied and pasted into my drafts! Your childhood photo is much sweeter than any of mine though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this, it great to reminisce lol, if I have time I'll do this tag too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came over from The Move to America and I had to comment because of your answer to number 9... The cloud factory!! I totally believed in that too. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Fun House. That brings back memories - mostly of Pat Whatsisname with the bad hair *shudders* #AllAboutYou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, if only ICI factories made clouds eh! Living on a farm as a child sounds positively idyllic. Thanks so much for linking up to #AllAboutYou, I'm off to pin this post to the #AllAboutYou Pinterest Board x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The farm was lovely....Thank you!
      My pleasure! It's a fab linky x

      Delete
  6. I love these kind of question and answer things - reminds me of when I used to do loads of them on MySpace! Going to try and do these questions, I like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, I especially loved your favourite childhood memories - dippy egg, cuteness! Will have to do this one too this week, thanks so much for linking to our new #AllAboutYou link & Pin party! Hope to see you again next week xx

    mama-andmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you have so many happy childhood memories - how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Done! :)

    http://www.lisas-life.com/2014/01/childhood-memories.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Byker Grove! I might have to do this tag and dig out an old picture of me x

    ReplyDelete