Sunday 26 January 2014

A Hairy Subject...

I think I was about 11 or 12 when I started removing hair from my body.....I first started using some hair removing cream on my legs that I'd found it in the bathroom cupboard...It must of been my mums?....She wasn't too happy about me using it! She said I was too young but as I had dark hair the hair on my legs were really obvious!

I can't actually remember when I first started to shave my legs but I remember my dad telling me off for using his razors when I was about 13 or 14....lol Stu still tells me off now for using his razors too even though I have my own....hehehe

When I was a teenager one summer I had a bright idea of shaving my arms too....I kept up with that until a few years ago...It was just after Ellie was born....I would spend at least 10/15 minutes a day shaving....lol Life is too short and with two young children I could think of better things to do so I just let the hairs on my arms grow back and I'm sure they did come back darker and thicker just like the old wives tale says....

I love this time of year....All because I don't have to shave my legs as much....I can hide the stubble away hidden behind trousers...I do however shave under my arms everyday....

I must have wasted hours of my life in the shower or bath removing unwanted hair!!

One thing that I'd never thought about or even considered was laser hair removal.....I was reading about it over on  SK:N's blog....It all sounded very interesting!!

When think of lasers I think of pain....Laser guns or lasers cutting things l but from what I have read laser hair removal is nothing like that....Laser hair removal is a safe & virtually painless! Phew!!
 
 Laser hair removal works by focusing a laser beam at the base of the hair follicle, halting hair growth.....It can be used on any part of the body, including the most common problem areas: face, bikini area, legs and underarms too!! 

You are provided with goggles to protect your eyes....Depending on the area being treated lasering could take between 15 and 45 minutes....The area will need to be treated every 4 to 6 weeks for around 8 months to achieve the best results...Afterwards cold air or cooling gel will be applied to the treated area to soothe the skin as you may experience light stinging or tingling during the session....Sounds ok to me!!

They even have facial laser hair removal, hair removal laser treatment does sound fantastic....Imagine the money and time I could save by having this treatment....

Looking at the website they have so many clinics...Right up and down the country...I don't know why but I imagined this just being available down south but they even have two clinics in the North East...One in Middlesbrough and the closest to me is Newcastle...

This is certainly something for me to consider!

18 comments :

  1. I'm doing the laser hair treatments now! I started in July 2013, and my treatment plan is to revisit every 6 weeks for one year. I'm doing my underarms, bikini, and legs. My underarm hair is 100% gone. I haven't had to shave my underarms since my 2nd treatment. My leg hair is maybe 80% gone now. I can't SEE the hair there anymore, but I can feel it if I run my hands down there. But since you can't see it, I haven't shaved there since my 4th treatment. And my bikini area is maybe 50% gone. So... I'm happy with everything so far.

    Here's a personal note - the treatments are VERY painful for me. Maybe you won't have the same experience, but I swear I've never gone through something more painful, and I've gone through labor already! But, it might be worth it. It is for me. Good luck! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh interesting to read....It sounds like it's going really well!!

      Delete
  2. I'd really love to have laser removal on my legs and bikini line. I use an epilator at the moment and the amount of ingrowing hairs is getting stupid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh tell me about it! Ingrown hairs are just the bane of my life! Annoying x

      Delete
  3. This made me laugh. My Dad was forever telling me off for shaving my legs with his razor! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Glad it wasn't just me who did it...

      Delete
  4. God it would be so time saving to have laser hair removal! The hours I spend shaving my legs!
    Bel
    www.journeysaremydiary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also nick my other half's razors, it drives him crazy lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Men's razors always seem to work better....hehehe x

      Delete
  6. my friend used to bleach her arms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of hair-removal creams, but laser definitely seems appealing!
    Thank for sharing!

    Pixee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard differing things about laser hair removal, but the majority of it seems positive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use an epilator - it's about 13 years old and still going strong ha ha! I've thought about laser but the handful of people I know who've done it have said the "virtually pain free" is a big fat lie ha ha! It's just too expensive to have a go and see how you get on!

    ReplyDelete