Wednesday 20 November 2013

What to buy for the man who wants nothing...

My fella Stu is one of the hardest people to buy gifts for.....He's not a big sweet/chocolate eater....He has no real hobbies apart from playing on the PC usually online games like Rift & World of Warcraft so there's not much to buy him for that....Over the years I have bought everything I could think of and this year for Christmas I have been really struggling...All I had to get him was Aftershave, bath stuff and new pj's....That was until I saw an email in my inbox from Firebox....A website I had seen before but hadn't really took much notice of.....

The email caught my attention because of the Zombie related gifts....Stu and I are both huge fans of the TV show The Walking Dead and when I saw these gifts I knew they were for him!!

 
The Zombie Survival Guide - £11.99
Zombie Slippers - £19.99
Human Snot and Brain Jam - £6.99
Zombie Shower Gel - £5.99
Zombie Cookie Cutters - £9.99
Zombie Head Decanter - £19.99

While I was on that site I also found a lot of other stuff which has given me plenty of ideas for what to buy the man who doesn't want or need anything.....


Duff Beer 24 Can Pack - £24.99
Heroes and Villains Cushion -£34.99
Grow Your Own Stir Fry - £9.99
Insectilix Lolly - £4.99
Indoor Allotment - £24.99
World's Largest Coffee Cup - £29.99

Do you think men are hard to buy for or is it just me?

22 comments :

  1. Oh no, it's definitely not just you! My other half is a nightmare to buy for, I'm actually quite glad we're skint so I don't feel like I have to buy him anything big and waste money!

    Natalie

    http://plutoniumsox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont buy anything for him. I give him just £10 as a kind gift! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they're hard to buy for, mine is impossible! Some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men are impossible to buy for! My dad is the worst....he wants or needs nothing but loves a surprise - no pressure then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find my husband really difficult to buy for, and his birthday is also in December - so I have to come up with two ideas :) He loves firebox...! #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad's birthday is the 23rd of December! A nightmare having to think up two presents!

      Delete
  6. My dad's a nightmare, last year I gave up and got Homebase vouchers, he was ecstatic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Sometimes it's the simple things which are the best x

      Delete
  7. Loving the zombie gifts - I'm thinking some of these would make lovely stocking fillers for my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are big Walking Dead fans too I'll have to have a look! My husband usually has a computer game on his list but that's about it so I'm always looking for other little bits. As for the other men in the family... IMPOSSIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They can be really tricky. Dad's are hard to buy for, I find, though fortunately my husband does like clothes, trainers, golf, chocolates, so I've a few things to go for, though it tends to be the same things every year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Firebox catalogue - we've just had a copy arrive in the post. Great gifts although a tad on the pricey side! #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agree, men are tricky, unless they are foodies, then it's easy-peasy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, men are most definitely more tricky to buy for. I usually buy mine something to look forward to at a later date like concert tickets. He was thrilled to get to see Pendulum a couple of years back & it's always lovely to have a treat after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the zombie site!! Grace and Ross would love it too - I am going over there definitely! I think men are generally hard to buy for but I am so pleased that Ross has so many interests, it helps! Thanks for linking to PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. We LOVE The Walking Dead! In fact, right now we're a little obsessed with it, having just caught up on Season 3 ready to begin Season 4. I think 99% of my husband's gifts this year will be zombie related! I'm heading right over to that site RIGHT NOW! Yay!

    Kate
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  15. If your husband hobby is photo collecting then you can present personalised photo album. I think this is the best personalised gift for man.

    ReplyDelete