Sunday, 24 November 2013

I wouldn't move away if you paid me....

I'm very happy living where I am....Up here in the freezing cold North East....hehehe If someone said you could move anywhere you want to we'll pay but out of Northumberland. I don't think I would take them up on their offer.....I love Northumberland! 

A quick geography lesson for you... Northumberland is way, way up in the North East of England....We border Scotland.... People assume just because I'm in the North East I live in or near Newcastle....I have nothing against Newcastle or those which live there but I'm actually about 25 miles away....That's a long way when you don't drive and rely on public transport.....

Northumberland is officially 'the most tranquil county in England' as decreed by CPRE (Council for the Protection of Rural England).....There are many sights to see....The gorgeous beaches, castles & beautiful countryside...

I wouldn't move from here if you paid me.....I would however move house....Who wouldn't want to move into a bigger, fancier house....

I often look at estate agent websites.....I like to see how other people live...I'm nosy like that...I like to make myself suffer too....lol Looking at houses way out of my price range....Am I the only one that does it? Please tell me I'm not!

Recently I happened to be browsing Estate agents in Edinburgh....I found my dream home....Right here in Northumberland...In the town of Morpeth which isn't too far from me.....On sale for a cool four and a half million pounds.....It is beautiful though!! It has everything I would want in a home and more....The kitchen reminds me of the one they had in the most recent Big Brother house....For every bedroom there is a bathroom....I love the idea of that!! There's an indoor swimming pool, Gym, Sauna, Steam room, Cinema room and lot and lots of space!


On the same site I found a Ten bedroom period house in Hexham....with a library, a smoking room, large cellars, outbuildings, stable block, parkland, Staff Accommodation of a two bedroom Lodge Cottage and fishing rights all in around 18 acres.....WOW!


Bargain price of £2,250,000....Not my dream home though....It's pretty to look at but I like a more modern house....Old houses always freak me out a bit....I imagine them full of ghosts and huge spiders....

23 comments :

  1. I like the top one best. Although I would still like to put my own stamp on it. We're due to move into our new home soon and we can hardly wait :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Northumberland is BEAUTIFUL. My Grandma lives in Newcastle, so I know the surrounding area quite well. Hmmmmm maybe we should visit next year, for a long weekend break.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad me and my mum aren't the only people to look at houses up for sale just for a nosey. I would however move if paid lol only if the offer was to America xx (UK Bloggers)
    www.jadesjourneyoflife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I relocated from Jesmond in Newcastle upon Tyne last year after living there for 32 years and I'm much happier down here in Warwickshire. I never thought I would like to live away from the North East and all of my family but we all love it, house prices are cheaper and the temperature is slightly warmer (only by a degree or so but it makes all the difference) I love the house at the bottom, a period home is my dream house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I would give anything for some warmer weather at the moment...hehehe x

      Delete
  5. Oh you're just like me, I browse fantasy homes all the time! I'm from the North East too, I know a few of the Newcastle United players live/have lived in Tranwell Woods, so that top house could well have belonged to one of them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I never thought of it being a football players house....lol

      Delete
  6. My sister moved from Manchester to the North East for Uni, she attends Northumbria Uni, she loves it there and will never come back to Manchester. Shes currently in Sunnyside and I love it there so beautiful! Bit treacherous in winter though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...The winters are harsh up here....lol Lots of fun though!

      Delete
  7. I have to admit I haven't been to Northumberland - been just south of it and north to scotland both areas which I love. Makes me realise we need to do more 'road trips' when we move back to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Northumberland is fab to do the touristy road trip thing....So much to see and do!

      Delete
  8. I am always looking at homes too, just saw Pearl Lowe's house up for sale and a castle that Henry the Eighth entertained his women in. Westenhangar. Northumberland is a glorious place, I agree no need to move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh very interesting....Nope no need to move :) x

      Delete
  9. I want to live in that top house! All I need is a few million, and someone to come and clean it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yes! Imagine how long it would take to clean.....A cleaner is a definite must!

      Delete
  10. Love the period house. I sometimes buy the Country Life magazine, if there are articles on art that I want to read, and they have some stunning houses on offer there. Personally I don't want to move from our house, even it is shabby in some places. Would love to visit your places one day, never been in Northumberland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I would take either of those houses, but would have to make them mine! Fab choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. £4.5million, chumps change, should purchase it as a holiday retreat!! Haha both look really luxurious and posh. I don't know why hoteliers don't purchase these properties because I know lots of people who would love to stay in a big grand home that's a bit downton on the outside xx

    Beauty Hot Squad - Mark Hill Big Night Out Range!
    Forget Amoré this is Bioré - Blemish Fighting Gel Wash Review

    ReplyDelete