Wednesday, 14 August 2013

High heels for children?

Becky is 10....Eleven next month....She's starting to turn into more of a teenager....Wanting to act and look older then she is....

We were looking at school shoes yesterday and she is determined that she want's some with heels!!


 She's not getting them by the way!!....Apart from the fact they are against school rules I think she's too young for the one's she wanted!! She has never worn heels before so I think wearing these everyday for school will be too much for her poor feet to take!! She will be getting flat shoes!!

I had a quick search on Ebay for childrens high heeled shoes....The three pictured are the one's that stood out to me....All childrens size 13...They do come in smaller sizes though....

I actually have some similar to the black ones in the middle.....lol

I don't know if I'm being old fashioned or too over protective but no way would my 10 year old wear any of those.....

Maybe for an occasion like a wedding some type of wedge but not the stiletto style....She could do far too much damage to her feet and ankles!!

Then I read about Beyonce modelling heels designed for her baby girl, Blue Ivy who's not even two by the way!!

Why the heck would you give your baby heels? I guess it's just for these rich parents to dress up their small children like expensive dolls as status symbols.....

If I wear heels on a rare night out I end up in agony the next day....Wedges are not too bad but I much prefer flat shoes!! If I have my way which I will Becky will not be wearing heels for the next few years at least!!

12 comments :

  1. I'm with you on the kids should not be in heels, I wonder if the ones you found are for dancing? y'know like ballroom style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh never thought of that ;) They most probably are....But the black one's at the top were with the school shoes in a high street shoe shop not meant for dancing...hehehe

      Delete
  2. I probably wore little heels to school discos when I was about 12 or 13. But they were put away for special occasions. I certainly wasn't allowed to wear them for everyday use. I'm constantly baffled by what mums will let their little girls wear - and grateful I have boys and don't have to navigate this minefield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wish I just had boys....lol They seem a lot easier to deal with sometimes...lol

      Delete
  3. I have a feeling Tom Cruise's little girl was pictured in something equally ridiculous as a toddler. I know I'm not a mum but can't kids be kids?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yes! I remember something about Tom Cruises little girl now you mention it! Yes I agree kids should just be left to be kids!! :)

      Delete
  4. There's absolutely no way my almost 8 year old will be wearing heels for many years to come. She can have as many ballet pumps and high tops as she wants. It's shocking how the clothes and shoes are so geared up towards making girls look much older than they are- probably why I make her. many of her dresses myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh don't get me started on the clothes....Some of the tops and dresses aimed at young girls are horrendous far too old for their age!!

      Delete
  5. I am lucky as I have a boy so it hasn't come up. No way would I let a ten year old wear heels, their feet are still growing. Maybe only on special occasions. Mind you I struggle in heels and usually wear flats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle in heels too....Flats all the way for me...lol

      Delete
  6. This makes me so glad to have boys. I remember wanting heels (not stilettos) when I was in primary school too. I must say I prefer this over thongs for 5 year olds mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I'd rather my two wear heels then thongs...lol

      Delete