Friday, 22 February 2013

IVF age limit raised to 42?!....


 
The age of IVF could be raised to 42 and all women could receive IVF earlier - after two years of failed attempts not the current three. 

NICE (the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) have produced new guidelines for IVF. They say a woman of age 42 should be offered one cycle of IVF as long as she has enough eggs and it is her first time. The guidelines cover England and Wales....The age limit is 38 in Scotland and 39 in Northern Ireland....

You can read more about it HERE

I will probably be hated for saying this....But these are my views and this is my page so I can say what I think....I am not disagreeing with IVF at all....I'm just disagreeing with the age limit being upped....

The idea of getting people pregnant when nature says no (older women) is wrong.....The NHS is in crisis and people who need operations are being put off because of money constraints.....We are closing wards in hospitals because of lack of money....Care in the community is a joke.....There is not enough money to employ enough people....ect etc....

People seem to think they are "entitled" to have children. People should be "entitled" to care when they are ill....that's what money should be spent on and not people's lifestyle choices....If you cannot afford the IVF then you cannot have children at a later age.....People must accept that life is not fair.....

People forget that the NHS is just that The National health service not the I want something because I'm unhappy service.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment